Friday, October 15, 2010

Day 116

It is Friday and has been a day of odds and ends. Anne and I met with a friend of hers this morning - Sue Clark has a number of original journals from the 1700s, 1800s and 1900s regarding her family in Kentucky. It turns out that we are related - very distantly. The same generation and family that produced John and Robert Letcher (both governors) was also the birth family of her relative - the 12th child in that family. That girl was orphaned at a young age and Gov. Robert Letcher and his wife took her in and raised her. It was fun to see the family journals and hear some of their family stories. It is a small world.

This afternoon I sorted all 95 binders into separate piles as they require different decisions. Of course I found one binder I had overlooked. It contained a lot of background information on the Sargood family in Australia so it was good reading.

Late in the afternoon I headed 90 minutes south to Fayetteville, NC. This is Karl's new home. We had a great BBQ dinner, grabbed some groceries and are now ensconced in his lovely apartment. I have a huge bedroom and my own private bath!! We should have a fun weekend.

No more genealogy reports until Monday night but will let you know what trouble we get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment