Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 119

Anne and I spent much of the day going through notebooks. These are ones I had already examined and which have pieces relevant to family history. Now we have to decide what she wants to copy, what is coming home with me, and what might go to other cousins. Some notebooks go quickly. Some are a slow sort and decision process. Of course we interrupted this effort with a nice lunch with several people from the new library Anne help build.

This evening we enjoyed more notebook sorting. We found a letter from gg Frank H Williams to his parents in 1877. A nice accompaniment to old photos. I retrieved some letters from my dad to my grandparents. Dad was always such a good letter writer. It is fun to re-read the 40 year old news.

Tomorrow I am back in research mode at the state archives and then will have dinner with Meghan Feldmeyer, daughter of my good friend Elissa. Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment