Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 90 - again

I don't know why I can't keep the days numbered correctly but here we are at #90 again.

More work on grants this morning and then we went to lunch with Louise's mother. She is delightful and her retirement center has a wonderful brunch with breakfast and hot supper items plus killer desserts. David spent significant time trying to tempt me with the chocolate chocolate cake/mousse confection, the apple pie with caramel and the individual chocolates. I had one chocolate and felt virtuous but another 5 minutes and I would have fought him with my fork for the apple pie. Besides food we had good conversation and much discussion about Pen State's new hockey team. I can see I need to invest more time in the sports realm. I am behind.

The afternoon, for me, was spent doing genealogical research. I think both the Sterretts and Kennedy's came from Scotland/Ireland to Pennsylvania before moving south west to the Shenandoah valley of Virginia. I hope to find more data this week. Since I am moving west, I will spend Tuesday and Wednesday nights with Muriel and David. John is off to Lexington, KY (as are mom and Liz) for the World Equestrian Games. I gave them a bye this year. :-)

Tomorrow - Montgomery and Buck counties.

No comments:

Post a Comment