Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 99

It has been a long day. My brain is befuddled with potential ancestors. I spent the morning in the Augusta County Historical Society in Staunton. The Executive Director and volunteers were very helpful and I will go back there on Thursday. I spent most of the morning and all this evening combing deeds, wills and other court transactions for Kennedys and Robertsons with some forays into Robinsons, Holts, and Stephenses. I think I have located the correct Joseph and John Kennedy before they moved to NC. I also think I found the right James and Alexander Robertsons. Both lines feed into the Letcher family and then to the Atkinsons. Tomorrow will be spent in the county courthouse hopefully getting copies of wills and deeds.

I spent this afternoon in the Rockingham County Historical Society (N of here 25 miles). They didn't have much material becauase the county was formed after our people had left. It did help me focus on the need (potentially) to go to Orange County - the county from which Augusta was formed. I will see if I have time.

All for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment