Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 121

Just a short blog tonight. I spent most of the day at the library but didn't find anything too exciting. I have an approximate location for Michael Holt's plantation and property purchased in the 1750s, 60s and 70s - just down the road from Aunt Anne. I know where the Holt's were buried - across from the almshouse (do we even have those anymore?) but the tombstone inscriptions are no longer readable. I know that Richard Stephens' land grant in Kentucky was 4,666 acres - not 10,000 or 100,000. And I was able to handle 200 year old estate papers belonging to Joseph Kennedy - my gggg uncle - who was the first physician in Mecklenburg County, NC. Not a bad day's work.

I arrived back in Pittsboro about 4pm followed shortly by Aunt Diane and Uncle Hugh. They are travelling in their motor home between their summer location in Vermont and their winter home in Florida. So nice to see them and catch up on what they have been doing since I saw them in July. I also spoke with my mom tonight. She has safely arrived home in Seattle after putting 5,400 miles on her motor home (round trip to Kentucky).

Tomorrow is a play day with aunts and uncles, then Anne and I are off to Kentucky on Saturday. - Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment